Dec 8, 2007

Back to the basics

Good Morning everyone. I am back from my craft show. Peep Designs did well considering the low priced items I sell. I had a great time seeing my mother. We did decide though that craft shows will be no longer for us. They are a lot of work with minimal monetary return (in our case). I do have a few tips though for those newbies to craft shows though. It isn't much, but here is what I learned.

1. All shows are different, so do your research. My first show was only advertised a little bit in one town and I found the only people that came in were those who happen to notice there was a event as they drove by. People came to look and not buy. Very frustrating. My show this past weekend is well advertised and 9 years running so people come looking to buy. Much different group of customers.

2.
Sharing a booth is great. You are able to take breaks for food, shopping, and bathroom! Not to mention the entry fee gets cut in half. Just be careful that you and your booth partner are on the same page for visual set up to avoid problems later.

3.
People love deals! So give them "Buy 3 Get 1 Free". I promise they look more.

4.
Don't look bored. I hate going to a booth and seeing someone look like they are hating being there. I usually skip those booths no matter what they are selling.

5
. Meet the other vendors. You have something in common simply because you are both there! I will truly miss the interaction with other vendors. Experienced vendors give the best advice! And traded are great the day of a show. You both get something for free (kind of anyway).

So there you have my few little tips. Peep Designs will go on! Just not at craft fairs. We will be focusing on customized invitations again. Speaking of that...I must go, a set of 55 invitations awaits me for today.

No comments: